Disclaimer

Please disable AdBlock Plus, Ghostery, NoScript or any other ad blocking software as some flash and objects will not display correctly.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Melatonin...Not Just A Sleep Aid Anymore.


While researching even more goodies of nature to add to my ever growing list of possibilities for the Mystic Nature line. I found out some very interesting info on Melatonin. While it is know for it's reputation in helping the sleepless sleep, it surprisingly does some very beneficial things for the skin. It can also be used to regulate women's monthly cycles. Wow, something to help us sleep and be less bitchy, lol Not to mention helping our skin...awesome :) When mixed with Vitamin C & E which helps our skin produce more natural collagen, this looks to be something amazing :)

Here is further proof from a tidbit on Drugstore.com
"Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland,
retina and intestines, that can help with many
functions of the body. As we age, the amount of
melatonin our body produces decreases.

Melatonin can help with circulation, as well as
regulate the body's system of self-repair and
regeneration.

Melatonin is commonly used as a sleep aid for
those who are trying to regulate their sleep
patterns especially those who are experiencing
jet lag.

There are now studies showing that melatonin may
help regulate menstrual cycles, sexual dysfunction,
and work as an anti-depressant.

Preliminary evidence shows that the strong antioxidant
properties can help strengthen the immune system."

Source-Drugstore.com

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for following Finger Click Saver on NWB. I returned the follow. Melatonin - wouldn't that be nice if it regulated a woman's cycle! No birth control pill needed for that anymore other than preventing pregnancy. I, myself, just wish they had taken that unit out after I had my daughter. I would have gladly donated it to science! Nope - they couldn't do that and now I am full of fibroids that are making me miserable every month... ugh! Make it a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan & Welcome :) I am so sorry you are feeling miserable and can really put a damper on quality of life. I did a search for you on fibroids and as a firm believer in natural cures I did find a product that might be of interest to you. If not please at least read about the ingredients as they themselves might be a great value towards curing what ails you :) Best to you and look forward to reading your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete